What is DivorceCare?
Most people will tell you that separation and divorce are the most painful and stressful experiences they’ve ever faced. It’s a confusing time when you feel isolated and have lots of questions about issues you’ve never faced before.
Bethel World Outreach Church is proud to host DivorceCare and DivorceCare for Kids (DC4K). These groups are scheduled weekly throughout the year, each class meets for fifteen weeks at a time.
What happens at meetings?
A Seminar with Experts
During the first 30–40 minutes of the meeting, each DivorceCare group watches a video seminar featuring top experts on divorce and recovery subjects. These videos are produced in an interesting-to-watch television magazine format featuring expert interviews, real-life case studies, and on-location video.
A Support Group with Focus
After viewing the video, DivorceCare group participants spend time as a support group, discussing what was presented in that week’s video seminar and what is going on in the lives of group members.
The leadership team for DivorceCare at Bethel consists of people who understand how you feel and have a real concern for individuals who are experiencing separation and divorce.
Our DivorceCare leaders have been through divorce themselves and are examples of the healing and restoration that can occur after the breakup of a marriage.
The next round of DivorceCare meetings begins Tuesday, September 11th and will run for 15 weeks in the Global Cafe. Click here for details.
DivorceCare - Surviving the Holidays
Help and hope as you navigate the Christmas season
Wondering how you will survive the weeks surrounding Thanksgiving and Christmas? Are you dreading these holidays, knowing that everything has changed and that happy memories from past years can’t be recreated?
Our Surviving the Holidays seminar is especially for people who are separated and divorced. You’ll learn.
- How to deal with the many emotions you’ll face during the holidays
- Helpful tips for surviving social events
- Ways to give your kids a good holiday experience
- How to discover hope for your future
Here’s what happens at a Surviving the Holidays seminar
A Surviving the Holidays event lasts for about two hours on a Saturday morning once before Thanksgiving and once before Christmas. You’ll be welcomed by warm, caring people who understand what you are going through and who want to help. During the seminar, you will:
- Watch a 40-minute video, filled with practical holiday survival tips and the real-life stories of people who have navigated the season after separation and divorce.
- Hear other seminar attendees explain how they are dealing with the holidays.
- Have the opportunity to share how separation or divorce is affecting you. (No pressure—this is optional. We want you to feel comfortable.)
- Receive a personal copy of the DivorceCare Holiday Survival Guide.
For more information about DivorceCare, visit their website, call our team at (615) 371-1000, or email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.